Americans, vote pro-life in 2016. I’m proudly pro-life (but not in the way you think) – I believe you should:
- Vote against the death penalty.
- Vote against war.
- Vote against expanding the military-industrial complex.
- Vote against militarization of our police
- Vote for comprehensive health care for all
- Vote for safety net social services.
- Vote for gun control
- Vote for intelligent, nuanced foreign policy
- Vote for policies that help remediate institutionalized racism
Oh, you thought I was telling you to vote against abortion? Well, yes, you should do that too – I’d say:
- Vote for comprehensive sex education
- Vote for the rights of all capable parents to adopt (including gays)
- Vote for widespread, easy, affordable birth control
- Vote for access to emergency contraception
- Vote for affordable and available child care for working parents
- Vote for comprehensive prenatal care
- Vote for parental leave
- Vote for financial supports to allow a parent to remain at home if they desire
There is a political party that opposes everything pro-life. I wouldn’t vote for them.